Monday, June 22, 2009

Your Own Worst Enemy #1

Girls are so hard on themselves, it perplexes me sometimes. I mean this first of all in a general way, but specific to today's 'lesson', I'm referring to working out/losing weight/being healthy.
I can't speak for all men, but I really can't imagine a guy talking negatively to himself 10 minutes after consuming a bag of chips, tearing up because he is going to look bad at the beach the next weekend. Sometimes work-outs have to be skipped (it is summer and patio season after all)...but enjoy the night off, rather than feeling guilty like you're playing hookey from the gym.
I'm all for self-control (usually) and maintaining a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle, but seriously girls, cut yourselves some slack! Instead of looking in the mirror and focusing on the areas you don't like, pick out a few things that you know really rock - be it your lips, butt, or toes. Work out twice this week instead of 4 times - it won't throw everything off and you'll probably be more excited to get back into the gym the next time. This is a great time in life - we're young, healthy, and I'm pretty sure will look back on this time in years to come, wishing we were back in this shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment