Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sabotage

Sometimes we sabotage the good things in our lives. I assume we do it, even subconsciously, for a thrill or to add some excitement to our lives. After all, who doesn't love and crave, a bit of drama?
It's really unhealthy though - and I can speak from experience. After a particularly low-key, boring night with an ex, I proceeded to totally over-analyze every aspect of our relationship, questioning why I was with him and if I was happy, and wondering whether my life would be better without him. In turn, I became snappy and pouty with him, focusing on all the negatives and completely ignoring the nice things he'd done for me that day, and that year. This of course made him confused and distant with me.
I totally sabotaged something that was going well...really for no reason at all. I'm not saying you should ignore those thoughts when they come up - it's important to give some thought to how things in life are going, your goals, etc...but to basically start a fight for no reason...that's so not cool. At least I got the drama I was so craving - a big fight and a broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment