Monday, June 15, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You..Kinda

I think the movie/book He's Just Not That Into You was ground-breaking. Women everywhere nodded their heads in agreement, and blushed a bit, when they recognized themselves in one of the hopeless scenarios. Sometimes I think we've gone a bit TOO far with this concept though. Now if a guy calls 20 minutes late, we're immediately believing that he's not into us. Or when big life changes are ahead - say your BF is thinking of moving away and is unsure whether to ask you to join - you assume it's only because he's not into you.
Gone are the days of thinking things through logically - perhaps he got held up in a meeting, or maybe he's not for sure what his plan is and wants to think things through a bit longer before asking you to uproot your life. I am very happy that women have stopped making excuses for deadbeat guys that really aren't into them, but cut guys, and yourselves, a bit of slack!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if I inspired this post :) I am a tool and think the worst now. I read "he's just not that into you" like 5 years ago and believed every word of it. Sometimes I catch myself walking around wondering why I am single and then I think about all of the dude's number I have in my phone from t.o. that I never ended up calling. I definitely drive myself crazy because of this phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete