Friday, June 5, 2009

Beer

Beer is the devil for me. I love love love sitting on a patio, having a couple drinks with friends, but I really need to steer clear of beer. I don't know if any other girls have the same reaction to beer as I do, but let me sum it up for you:
  • My stomach appears to be so bloated that I could pass for a girl in my 2nd trimester
  • My nose turns red and my eyes definitely have a bit of a drunko look
  • Inside, my stomach is doing flip flops as it tries to find relief from so much carbonation and other garbage (plus there is usually a pound of fries involved also)
  • About half an hour after drinking, even only 1 beer, I get lazy, tired and super emotional - like I need help with any of those

During the last week I tried to avoid drinking and ate a bit healthier - it really helped how I was feeling (surprising though how often I had to 'refuse' drinks...way too big a part of my life). Yesterday I repeated my old habits and that was enough to convince me to take a break for a while. Just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment