Thursday, June 18, 2009

Service with a Smile

It's amazing what a friendly, helpful customer service person can do to make your day. I just called to cancel a phone service, and I was prepared to defend my choices to the end. However, the girl on the other end of the phone listened to what I was saying, offered me a few suggestions, and then told me how she could make my switch easier. She suggested an alternative hadn't even thought of, still allowing me to switch to the competition!! I'm amazed - I think so many times, in companies big and small, customer service gets majorly overlooked. It was probably just this girl's personality, and I lucked out that I got her instead of some 10 year vet at the end of an 8 hour shift. Still, I'm now leaving this company with a happy feeling and would consider returning to them in the future. Think about if you were running the show - wouldn't you put a bit more effort into the front line if you knew how much you could change people's views of your company or product?
Oh and if anyone knows how you can leave comments for the 'higher ups' at Bell Mobility let me know - this girl deserves a shout out.

No comments:

Post a Comment