Friday, April 10, 2009

Making Choices

I often find myself feeling flustered because I 'must' attend two parties in one night; while working late, exercising and trying to save money. As girls we put so much pressure on ourselves to be there for everyone, attend everything we're invited to, and maintain fabulous relationships with boys, friends and family, and even with random acquaintances.
Parties and social events are supposed to be fun, not something that we dread or think up excuses to miss. I never want to be that friend who cannot be relied upon, and I'm not suggesting skipping out on your friends' big days. However, taking some time for yourself, to have a lazy night at home, or snuggles with your guy, is ok. When you stop and remind yourself that you don't 'have' to do anything, it helps put everything in perspective, and parties will stop being social obligations and start being parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment