Thursday, April 9, 2009

Good Conversations

Every once in a while, girls I know end a relationship that wasn't an 'official' relationship to begin with. You know, the situations where two people are 'seeing each other', or 'talking'. At the prospect of ending things, the girls often complain, saying things like: 'we had such great conversations', 'I'll really miss his texts', or 'he kept me company when I was on that long drive'.
I'm won't even get started on why text or phone-only relationships are sketchy (save that for another post), but next time you find yourself saying something along those lines, just ask: "Was it really a good conversation?". I think girls often mistake a guy paying a small amount of attention to them for a good connection. I bet that in most cases the girl spends the entire conversation (texting or otherwise) wondering when he's going to ask to see her, if he's going to say something nice, or if he will finally tell her that he really is into her. The guy on the other hand, is probably just putting his time in so you don't get mad, or filling a hole in his timetable.
The next time your thinking about 'missing that great conversation', delete his number and call or text a real friend.

4 comments:

  1. I love any attention so i'm totally a filler in a guy's time table - I think I have a good sense of that though and that's why I justify the okayness of it in my head. As long as there is a lack of an emotional attachment from both parties these casual "relationships" can be fun - just trying to make sure they don't consume my every thought!
    P.S. I've tried deleting numbers...and it's like right when I do that they get this magic message letting them know because that is when I hear from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't judge me for using the term okayness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal - i do the delete the numbers thing too...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...but as soon as you delete that number you know there is an issue. lol

    -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, so true. So much easier to recognize when someone else tells me that though! :)

    ReplyDelete