Monday, May 4, 2009

BF with a GF

The considerable appeal of boys with girlfriends has been a mystery for (I assume) all of time. Of course there is the opinion that commitment-phobe girls enjoy the challenge and excitement of spending time with a boy who is already committed, thus avoiding any future pressure. I believe this may be true early on in some relationships, but as we all know, most girls become attached at some point and subsequently are disappointed.
Another common theory, and the one I support, is that a guy is instantly ten times hotter and higher up on the 'what a catch' ladder when we learn he has a GF. It's the thought that 'some other girl likes him, maybe I should too'. Plus, he's technically 'unavailable'. When I think about several guys I've gotten to know who have had GF's and tried to work it that they had me too, I wonder why I put up with it. Although I hate to admit it, there's a certain thrill and confidence boost in being 'the other woman' (for the record I have never been the accomplice to a cheating boy). It's almost more flattering than getting hit on in normal circumstances, as he is choosing you over someone else.
I do believe that deep down most girls expect or hope for the guy to leave their GF for them. Why a girl would ever want a guy like that for their BF I have no idea, but I'm sure a lot of it is the thrill of the chase. The problem is, most girls are setting themselves up not only for major disappointment, but for a crappy fake relationship along the way. Give yourself what you deserve - a full time BF or nothing at all. I am positive that your own company is 100 times better than the company of a dirty dog.

1 comment:

  1. Odd, I know we talk every day but I was just thinking about how exciting it would be to be the "other woman" and then I realized how shitty i'd probably end up feeling long run...is there even a long run with a fling like that...I heart dirty dogs.

    ReplyDelete