Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Bar Scene

Lately I've been hearing a lot of negative comments about 'the bar scene'. I guess it's a result of my/my friend's ages increasing and our interests changing. It's OK if that scene just doesn't cut it for you anymore. I know that one of the downsides to this though, is that there doesn't always seem to be a lot of other options available, more in some places than others. So here are my suggestions for other fun, social activities, that do not include dancing on a catwalk or standing in line for 45 minutes.
  • Go to a pub for a few beers and perhaps a sporting event on TV
  • Sit on a patio for an extended period of drinking and people-watching
  • Go to a concert
  • Grab a coffee and a good visit with a friend or two
  • Go for a walk in a local park
  • Window shop (stress window)
  • Go to a sporting event
  • Have a girls night - watch a movie, eat junk food, chat/gossip/catch up

No comments:

Post a Comment