Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life Lessons

I've decided I would like to record some stories of older people (my Grandma will be person #1). It may sound lame but when you consider that some people close to us have been on this Earth for more than 80, maybe 90 years, that's pretty amazing. I'm not great with history, but think of all the things that have changed, appeared, and transformed since the early 1900's. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the ever-changing world of social networking and technology, I can't even imagine what it's like if your first exposure to a computer was at age 70.
With age comes maturity, regrets, pleasures and true lessons learned. I have always felt that I should learn as much from those around me who are older - whether they're 40 or 80, they have had more experiences with me, and therefore can probably impart some wisdom. Take the opportunity to talk with your grandparents, your teachers, your parents or family friends, and soak up all you can. No one is expecting you to follow every word of advice or avoid making your own mistakes, but you just might come away with a slightly different outlook on life.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing that you are planning to do this! And I only say this because it's true, the older the wiser. Some of the most important lessons i've learned in life because of the most elderly people in my life. And when they tell there stories you always see this twinkle in their eye...I know it's cheesy but it's like they know the best stories and lessons to teach us at the perfect times.

    ReplyDelete