Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thank You

When someone compliments you, try saying "thank you" and leaving it at that. For some reason girls seem to be hard-wired to instantly put themselves down after receiving any sort of recognition. We work hard to dress nicely, do nice things, and look good, then when we're complimented we downplay it. Also, consider the fact that the person commenting on your new earrings or stylish shoes probably doesn't need to hear (or care about) the life story behind the product. No need to get cocky, but accept the compliment and pass along the good karma to the next person.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing, I have the hardest time accepting compliments but so true. When I pay people compliments I don't want to hear the "oh no my hair looks bad" etc. I am pretty sure everytime someone pays me a compliment I forget to say thank you and instead have doubts about if what they said is true...i'm a loser :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true... i always have a long story about how cheap my dress was, how its a hand-me down from my sister, how its old and crappy, etc. and no one wants to hear that. but i think my parents taught me to downplay any compliments to be humble... or something.

    -katie

    ReplyDelete