Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Whiplash

What is a girl supposed to do when a guy she is with checks out another girl? I used to get really hurt or offended when guys, even guy friends, would blatantly check out another girl in front of me. What was a 3 second look for them turned into a 20 minute comparison by me, leading to insecurity, work-out plans, and an unattractive pout. If a guy cares about you he should respect you enough to downgrade the looks to small peeks. Assuming the whiplash is minimal, and since girls are often just as guilty of checking out the opposite sex (and spending many hours staring at and critiquing the same sex), I think we should try to let the guys off the hook a bit. Take a deep breath, remind yourself of how beautiful you are, and carry on. I know I'd rather my guy see me with a calm, pretty face than an ugly scowl when he's done peeking.

1 comment:

  1. Guilty of hating when the guy i'm with (1st date or boyfriend) looks at another girl whether its a long hard stare or 10 seconds. However the other week while I was out with a total sketchy guy I did catch myself doing long hard stares at other guys so I guess it's a two way street!

    ReplyDelete