Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jealousy

As women we're supposed to be happy for one another - 100% supportive, happy for our friends when something great comes their way. We always say we're there through everything - thick and thin - but are we really there during the good times? Like really there?
It's always easier to be supportive when our friends are down about something. If we're really honest with ourselves, we're better listeners when they're complaining or crying than when they're gloating or telling us about their great new promotion. If we're really happy with ourselves we can be happy for our friends though.
I finally feel like I'm satisfied enough with my life (and the parts I'm not happy with are my responsibility to change) that I can be genuinely happy for my friends. Sure they might make more money than me, be in better shape, get married years ahead of me or live in nicer homes, but I've consciously chosen my lifestyle and it's my job to be happy and supportive for them. It's also my job to look at myself and figure out why I'm feeling so envious - what is missing in MY life?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful! I agree that in order to be happy for others we must find happiness within ourselves. Life is what we make it and there can never be expectations that you should have what others have - everyone has their own personal struggles and downfalls, so appearances can be deceiving. I'm happy that you're feeling satisfied with life, Dani, because you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete