Friday, July 10, 2009

What Changes?

Remember back to the early stages of your current/last/any relationship. Remember how you didn't really care that much? I know for me, I always seem to spend the first few weeks or months feeling like the guy is super lucky to be with me, and I'm so confident that he couldn't find anyone better in the world. I feel as if he should feel lucky that I even returned his call, and I never really care whether I hear from him or don't.
Then something changes.
Months later, it's me wondering if he'll meet someone else because there are so many cute girls out there. I wonder if he misses his ex-girlfriend or if he found things about her more attractive. I'm not saying I freak out about this all the time (I do have my moments) but I find it interesting that there's a point in every relationship where my attitude changes without me realizing it. I guess it's related to how much I like the guy - at the beginning I don't really care either way, but later it would be upsetting to find out he did in fact like his ex better, for example. OK I'm going to stop thinking about this now...

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting....I think I work in completely the opposite way.

    ReplyDelete