Friday, July 3, 2009

Do It Now

Too often we talk about doing things and don't act on it. I am especially guilty of planning things to the smallest detail, worrying about all possible (but often unlikely) outcomes, talking myself out of something and stressing out before acting on it (if I can convince myself to act on it...). I really think there's something to be said for following the motto 'Less Talk, More Action'. I've also heard people say that sometimes you have to run before you can walk. All these are true in a lot of cases.
Whether this refers to starting a new business venture, booking a trip, taking a course/designation or moving to a new city - these things are huge decisions, but once you've weighed the pros and cons there is not a lot left to do. By no means am I telling you to rush into things, but remind yourself to 'Do It Now' when you're wasting time and delaying your own satisfaction. You're probably scared, but we only have one life...might as well take great opportunities as they come.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh so true Dani! I can't tell you how many times i've said i'm going to/I want to do something. Sky diving, white water rafting, travelling, running a marathon, getting my PMP, painting my condo - god the list goes on an on. It's been hard to get motivated to do some of these things but when i've taken the itty bitty steps to get there (picking paint samples, taking my first PMP course, researching things online etc.) I can't tell you how good it feels to know i'm at least making progress in life. I'm hoping to "organize" my life by prioritizing a lot of these things in accordance with my budget which is often a setback to moving forward...but lately i've realized what you said is true, i'm scared to spend the money or do some of these things but you do only live once!

    ReplyDelete