Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Getting Comfy

How do you avoid getting 'too comfortable' with someone after dating for a while? Getting comfortable is an upside to a long-term relationship, because that's when you can really be yourself and get close to another person. I hear quite often of relationships that just fizzle out though...and I've experienced it too. I guess doing the 'little things' can help...there definitely does seem to be a negative correlation between length of relationship and flower deliveries in my experience. What else do you do to keep things exciting? I think you still need to make some effort to look good, go on dates, and show them that you're happy to spend time with them. Sometimes I take it for granted that my BF will be around when I want him to, so I make plans all week with others. I think relationships get a bit of a boost when you put special time aside and make sure that person knows you really value special time with them. OK I'm a cheese ball but as I hear of more and more relationships fizzling out I value your input as to what works to combat this.

1 comment:

  1. i'm definitely not the relationship guru but my friends that have had loooong relationships (5 years ++) have weekly date nights to make sure they spend quality time together. It's funny that we want to find someone to feel comfortable with but once we do the relationship tends to "fizzle". Small surprises, like flowers, gifts, reservations at fave restaurants, help too, especially when they're completely unexpected (as in, NOT on date night).

    ReplyDelete