Monday, July 6, 2009

How Things Change..

It always surprises me how much life can change in a short period of time. A certain boy, formerly important to me but no longer even a close friend, messaged me the other night to tell me about a house he was looking at buying. It had special meaning to me - around 5 years ago we'd talked about wanting to buy a place just like it, in the Manitoba country. This boggles my mind a bit.
He is a really great guy (one of the few that I know) and it makes me shake my head when I consider how differently my life could have turned out. I feel like I might have been happy for a year or two, living a low-key, semi-country lifestyle, but chances are I would have become bored. I feel like I was made to live in a big city, but can't help but wonder if I became that way because I moved here?! Who knows. All I know is I'm happy with how things have turned out, and have no regrets. I may have been really happy with this person, living in Manitoba, but that's not the route I took so I'm going to try to enjoy this one as much as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment