Monday, February 7, 2011

Wife Potential

What are guys really thinking about when they begin dating a girl? Are they looking at the state of her fridge, her dirty bedroom or her inability to cook as signs of her wife potential? Or are they blindly going along, only focusing on how good her butt looks in those jeans or how cute her smile is?
I have a friend who has banned me from mentioning my hatred of all things cooking-related because she thinks it's hurting my chances to get married. I'm not trying to snag a ring any time soon so I don't really care, but it has got me wondering: What are guys considering when they're spending time with you?
If I tell a new BF about spending $200 on a big night out, will they think I'm not fiscally responsible and therefore a poor choice for a partner? When I invite him over but do not offer dinner is he thinking I'll make a bad wife? Fine if these thoughts are bouncing around, as long as he's also considering all the amazing things I do manage to accomplish each day! I, personally, think those things make me a pretty spectacular choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment