Sunday, February 6, 2011

Busy Schedule

I am involved in a lot of activities outside of work. In a regular week, I have one volunteer meeting, a business meeting for a start-up I'm working on, a yoga class or two, as well working late and meeting friends for drinks. This doesn't account for the book I'm working on and any extra volunteer commitments I have to spend time on or prepare for.
I choose to have a busy life and have almost always been that way. I think I perform best when my schedule is packed, and I'm really proud of how many activities I'm involved with and how full and varied my schedule in a given week can be.
I've realized that my preference is to date someone who is also involved in several activities. I know this also comes with a downside - it's very hard to find time to get together - but if you like each other enough you should be able to find some time to meet up. I would actually like a guy to tell me he's busy three days of the coming week because he has a hockey game, a board meeting and a guys' night out. That's music to my ears, since by Sunday my week is always almost fully booked. That said, this really is only good if he follows up by saying "I am free on Thursday, and would love to see you then."
I don't think this is too much to ask for - if I can find five things to be involved with, a guy should be able to find at least two.

No comments:

Post a Comment