Monday, January 24, 2011

Me and the Boys

After a lot of analyzing, multiple instructions and hours of contemplating, I went on my trip with the boys. Seven of them. And it was great. I did my best to follow my friends' suggestions in order to be a cool (or chill) girl while hanging out with a group of guys. Mostly I just did what I usually do, which is basically to drink and have fun, but it was still nice to have the notes to refer back to!
I think it was a successful venture, and here's why:
  • No plans were altered because I was there (no one seemed overly concerned when I went to bed while they gambled the night away!)
  • I kept up with them, whether drinking, eating unhealthy meals, walking in the cold or shopping (especially shopping).
  • OK there was one place where I didn't even come close to keeping up - the craps table. But I am a cute dice-roller and I enjoy bopping beside the table when I get bored.
  • I felt comfortable enough with all the guys that I could be sitting beside anyone and have a fun time.
  • While I did my best to get ready quickly and be easy-going about our plans, I still managed to feel cute and stylish when we went out (ie. I was still a girl).
  • I didn't hit on anyone, suggest a late night rendez-vous or uncomfortably share a bed.
I do have to say that these were some of the coolest, most fun, respectful guys I've ever hung out with, so they deserve some credit for making my job easy. I just hope they agree with my self-assessment!

No comments:

Post a Comment