Saturday, January 8, 2011

Calling It A Night

I always stay out too late. I've written about this in regards to partying too late and ending up in bad news bears snuggles. But today I refer to dates that continue on too long.
I can have a fun time with almost anyone for an hour or two. Past that things usually either begin dragging on or getting annoying. When you think about it, spending 3+ hours with a near-stranger is pretty crazy.
This is a timeline of me on a typical date:
Hour one: Friendly, fun, cute
Hour two: Flirty, interesting, witty
Past the two hour mark: Borderline-sloppy drunk, while simultaneously craving being home alone on the couch without having to listen to this guy natter on.
While it's fun to get to know someone new and have a few drinks, calling it a night after a couple hours is usually the best idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment