Monday, January 17, 2011

Last-Minute Ditch

This is a bit long and rambling but totally worth it. Just when I was thinking there were so many great guys out there, one slipped up and showed his true colours!
On Saturday night I had plans to go for dinner with a random that I had met about a month ago. While I don't normally give out my number to semi-strangers, we had danced it up at a bar and he seemed like a nice guy (and I was just a bit tipsy) so I handed out my digits. The one 'date' we'd had so far was when the supposed gentleman drove me to the airport for my flight home at Christmas. Nice guy, right?
So early last week we made plans for our second date (first real date). Dinner on Saturday night. He called me Saturday afternoon to confirm our plans for around 7pm, when he was to pick me up. I didn't hear anything more from him and assuming he's a typical guy - "Hey, I'm heading out to get you, be ready in 10" - I get ready so as to avoid seeming like a high maintenance girl who isn't ready on time.
Apparently I was the only considerate one that night: I literally just get my dress on and he texts and says "Hey not feeling so good, going to pass tonight sorry". Three things about this annoy me:
  1. He didn't have the decency to call me, even though all of our past communication had been on the phone
  2. He sent the message at the time he was supposed to pick me up!
  3. He made it sound like it's a perfectly valid reason to stand me up - "I'm going to pass?!". We're not talking about a 50-person party where his absence wouldn't be noticed!
I wasn't even upset - just flabbergasted. I think my jaw literally dropped. Since I wasn't that into him, rather than being upset I've spent the past few days thinking of reasons that he would bail. He obviously wasn't sick - no one gets that sick in a span of four hours! I'm thinking another girl he's dating entered the picture for the night or maybe an ex called him up. He may have realized that I was too cute and fun and young for him, and why even waste my time with a date? Yep...that's probably it.

I just wish I remembered his last name so I could warn girls everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment