Saturday, December 4, 2010

Seeing an Old Friend

I'm sitting at the bar with a glass of wine, waiting for an old friend to walk through the door. It's been about two years since we've seen each other, and all I can think about is the great chemistry that always existed between us. Nothing ever happened between us...but who knows what tonight will bring.
I wonder what he'll think of me. Do I look fatter than before? Is my hair too blonde or not blonde enough? Am I wearing the right outfit? I went for casual with (what I hope was) some sex appeal...should I have dressed up more? Then there's the bar. So many options in Toronto - Is this a good spot? It's dark-ish and busy, and candlelight always lights up my eyes, so I think it was a good call. But maybe it's too loud, or I look too slouchy since I'm sitting on an awkward bar stool. But then there's the benefits of sitting on bar stools - our knees will inevitably touch and we can lean in to hear each other without a table getting in the way.
I hope he still thinks I'm pretty. I wonder what I'll think of him. Will I still think he's cute, charming, funny? What if we run out of things to talk about 15 minutes after his arrival? What if what if what if...and then he sits down beside me, he jokes about being late and all those crazy thoughts just disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment