Monday, December 13, 2010

Chat Room

Speaking with someone for hours on end, whether in person or online, allows you to really get to know them. Someone who is witty, funny and seems interested is so attractive, they'd catch my attention even without knowing what they look like. It's amazing that some people can make me want to chat forever - just by asking questions, replying promptly, and making me feel pretty (without seeming sleazy) I end up going to bed an hour later than planned.
I guess this is the benefit of online dating - it gives people a chance to get to know each other without all the focus being on the so-called chemistry or physical attraction. What I've discovered is the benefit of meeting someone through an alternate online channel: they're not necessarily out there with the sole purpose of meeting a girlfriend, hook-up or date. Having a chance to innocently chat online, be it via Facebook or email, allows people to have a regular conversation or make a new friend.
It's not every day I meet someone who can keep up with my comments and who can make me literally LOL. Technology and various chat platforms make it especially difficult to show your sarcastic side without appearing as a plain old rude girl, so when a guy 'gets' me it really counts for a lot.
Even if he's not my usual kind of guy, maybe it's worth seeing if the chemistry translates to real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment