Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mixer

One of my favourite dating shows employs 'mixers' to introduce the matchmaking clients with their potential dates. Basically a 'mixer' is a cocktail party where people have a chance to chat and get to know each other in an informal and low-pressure situation. The biggest benefit versus a traditional blind date or set-up is that you don't have to suffer through a dinner date with a complete stranger who you know is not a match for you ten minutes after shaking his hand.
I've decided that I'm going to throw my own version of a mixer, so look for your invite soon. There are a few reasons I want to throw the party, and I already have the perfect location picked out!
- I love parties
- I have many single friends who don't know each other and could potentially hit it off
- My single friends are hot, fun, smart and all-around great catches
- I enjoy getting many friends and acquaintances from different circles together in one room
- This will make for a great chapter in my book


1 comment: