Saturday, August 21, 2010

Computer Usage

During university I met a very cute guy at the bar one hazy Friday night. After a fun first night we got together a few days later for what would be our first date. Since he was somewhat of a procrastinator, and cheap, he claimed to be unable to take me out because he had a distance-ed assignment due the following day. Being the innocent, undemanding girl I was, rather than telling him to call me back when he had some cash and time, I offered to hang out with him at home, and to help him with his assignment if need be. Wow was that desperate - at the time I just thought I was being nice (and that he was REALLY cute).
Turned out, not only had he not done the assignment, he was basically computer illiterate. The fact that I spent more than three hours typing his dictated answers should have been a clear warning to stay away from this guy. Who settles for that on a first date, and better yet, what university student doesn't know how to use Word? Needless to say the rest of the relationship consisted of many more "stay at home dates" and more than a few tutoring seshes. The lesson from this - run away from anyone who doesn't know how to use a computer.

1 comment: