Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'll Call You If You Call Me

I was back home last weekend and the thought to message my ex briefly passed through my mind. By brief I mean the thought was in and out before I even had to time to realize what it was. I am not even sure where the thought came from, my guess is it was a result of seeing some old faces and visiting past hang-outs. I was reverting to my former self; the girl who lived in Winnipeg and dated assholes.
Anyway, when I realized what my traitorous brain was suggesting, I instantly decided against it, for more reasons than one. The most obvious being that I'm in a relationship. But the most ground-breaking and important reason was that although I still know his phone number, I would wager my salary that he doesn't know mine. I am confident that he never knew mine, since I made approximately fifteen phone calls for every one he made to me. He never cared to learn mine because he knew I'd call him - no matter how much attention he gave me I'd always call. It all seems so clear - definitely the most important reason NOT to call someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment