Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Dating Life of my Exes

I have a lot of ex-BF's who are single. Not in a bit of a dating funk, more like they've barely dated since we broke up. In some cases we broke up more than 5 years ago. It just struck me as odd today when I (for whatever reason) started thinking about it - I wonder why this is. Here are some of the theories I concocted on my subway ride home:
  • They can't get over me (you knew this was coming...), and cannot find anyone to compete with how amazing and perfect for them they thought I was.
  • I scarred them enough that they're taking things verrrrry slowly before getting into another relationship. I have in fact heard one of these exes tell me that he thought girls were the devil (post-relationship), so this seems to be the more likely scenario.
  • They're really picky. I do believe this is true in at least one of the cases, and in this case by picky I mean they have a way over-inflated view of themselves and believe no girl is good enough even though that's wrong. Not that I'm bitter.
  • But really, they're picky. For the most part I think guys that remain single for a long time know what they're looking for and will not settle for anything less. Not necessarily a bad thing, but probably makes their bed pretty lonely on those long winter nights.

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to why I was even thinking about this today, but thought it would be good for a laugh.

1 comment:

  1. So what about girls being picky? One of my "problems" in dating is that sooner or later I start thinking of every little aspect of a guy and whether or not it meets my expectations of what I want in the long run. Is there a Mr. Right? I know no one is prince charming...but maybe there's a guy with better qualities out there? Not like I'm not having a really excellent time with him, but what about this part of his personality, or that dislike, or whatever?
    So like those single guys, maybe we shouldn't settle for anything less....Or are we mistaken for thinking that way? I mean, how will I know if this guy is right for me? Sigh, always the issue....

    ReplyDelete