Monday, October 12, 2009

Trust Your Heart

I tend to over-analyze a lot of things, as do most girls I know. In fact, a big part of my current job is analytics - what can I say, I'm good at it! As I've got older, I've stopped analyzing every single move that a guy makes in a relationship, but I still spend too much time fretting over decisions (the bigger, the better). When I first considering living co-habitually with my BF, I had elaborate ideas of a test-run, many ground rules, advice from every possible person and umpteen ways to cover my butt should the situation turn sour. If I had had my way originally, I would probably have a month-long test run, then have him keep his place for another 6 months 'just in case'.
Not to say that you shouldn't watch out for your own well-being, but there's only so much in life that you can plan for. I fretted about the decision for a few months, but recently I began to feel very comfortable and excited by the idea - you could say it felt good in my heart, that was what sealed the deal for me. I'm still making sure I'm looked-after in the deal, but I'm up for whatever happens. Too often people don't put enough stock in their feelings and 'gut instinct', which is often the most telling thing in new situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment