Monday, September 21, 2009

You CAN Have It All

I used to think of myself as two different people - Single Dani and Relationship Dani. Up until recently I thought I was a different person in a relationship vs. when I was single. True, your lifestyle does change and your personality and social life will differ a bit, but you're still the same person. I feel like I've finally found a great balance between seeing my friends and spending quality time with them, and hanging out with my BF. Of course there are times that I miss out on drunken nights in downtown TO because I'm with him, but I get to do a lot of really fun things with him and the new friends I've met through him. I still make an effort to meet new people, see old and new friends, and participate in activities that I enjoy. I focus on my career, take trips I want to take, and try my best to be a good girlfriend. No longer is it about calling my girlfriends when I'm down about my BF, I call them to participate in the great parts of my life just as I would if I were single.

No comments:

Post a Comment