Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthdays

My birthday is coming up...anyone who knows me probably knows that since I've been talking about it for months. The frustrating thing is planning a birthday party. Usually I love doing this, but this year, I've felt a bit of extra pressure, and I've definitely worried too much about pleasing other people. I always feel a bit of pressure b/c to me, the worst thing that could happen would be people showing up to a slow bar, and saying "why are we HERE???" or something to the effect. I organize birthday parties so people have a good party - it's a good excuse for people to come out, and a good chance to see friends you don't always manage to see.
I know the boys (and probably some girls) in my life were getting frustrated with me and my incessant questions, 'what-ifs', and location alternatives. In the end I picked a fun bar (Parkdale Drink for those of you in TO) and I'm sure it will be a fun time. I guess this is more of a 'thank you' to my friends, you know who you are, who had to listen to my whining...and a plea to boys everywhere to try to understand when we stress about small things like this. Once in a while, we just HAVE to sweat the small stuff!

On another note...I always think birthdays are a good time to look back and think about the year past, as well as set some goals for the coming year. I guess it's like your own personal NYE. I realized I did some pretty amazing things: travelled Europe & Middle East for 6 weeks last summer, dated a few (not so great guys) and met one great one, grew a bit at my current job and had some really fun part-time jobs, made new friends and got closer with existing ones.
What I hope I accomplished, and what's become most important to me, is being a good daughter, sister, family member, as well as a caring, sympathetic, supportive & fun friend. I know that's what I'll be focusing on for year 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment