Friday, September 10, 2010

Le Sigh

So many people I know are getting engaged - I feel like not a day goes by that I don't see a facebook update, get a text from a friend or hear through the grapevine about another nuptial announcement. Not a weekend seems to pass without bridal shower gifts to purchase or a wedding to attend. I love weddings, and I love that I'm finally at this stage that has been promised (or threatened) to me by my older friends and family for years.
This wedding-intense time makes me consider those women who get married when they're past their twenties. I am so certain that I'll be in this group, and I am beyond confident that there's no correlation between marriage age and fabulousness. Despite my comfort with my continued Miss status, I can't help but wonder if on the day of my long-anticipated proposal, along with the giddiness and excitement, I'll feel a wave of relief for the fact that I won't be a single woman forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment