Monday, March 15, 2010

Meeting Men

Why is it that some girls meet a new guy every week or two, when others go months without touching the 'new contact' button on their phone? Of course there are the obvious reasons - some girls are prettier, more outgoing or just plain easy. But I have witnessed vast differences among friends and acquaintances who are near equal in these fields. I know girls who are cute, confident and smart and go weeks without flirting.
I think there are 3 main reasons to explain this:
- Go out more. I know how it is - you're finished work at 7pm, feeling frazzled, and really cannot be bothered to walk to the subway in your pumps and navigate the crowds to get to the table in the back of the lounge where your friends are meeting for drinks. Pull yourself together and make an effort to get out there - you never know which night will be the one when you bump into your new BF.
- Don't be too picky. Yes you may not like balding guys, or maybe tall is your thing, but that nice guy in line behind you at Sobey's could still be a good catch. Give him a chance, after all you're looking to meet a good BF/husband, not a leading character in a Harlequin romance.
- Network. Network. Network. The more people you know the more chance you have of meeting a new guy. Make new friends, whether they're girls, gay men, guys you would never date in a minute, or people twice your age. The more people who know you, like you and want good things for you, the better that someone will introduce you to a fabulous guy.

2 comments:

  1. so absolutely true!! i need to do this haha - M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're totally right Dani, it's all about putting yourself out there. I can't expect to meet a cool dude sitting on my couch watching tv. I also think it's about the "vibe" you give off when you are out. Some girls scream sex pot just based on their looks, others scream marry me i'm desperate for anything that walks...kidding...but I do think every woman carries herself in a different way and sometimes that's more appealing than others. The right touch of confidence and class makes a woman approachable...I guess I need to work on that ;)

    ReplyDelete