Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Surprise Message

Today I received a message from an ex that I never thought I'd see. Granted, I'm not completely innocent - I messaged him yesterday saying Hello.
This is an ex who I have always had a close friendship with since breaking-up eight years ago. I have no intentions to get back together with him, and I have not seen him in more than three years.
And I quote:
"Hey! I'm good thank you. I'm really sorry but keeping in touch with x girlfriends is getting me into all kinds of trouble! I'm sorry, nothing against u or anything but I need to put my past behind me! Take care hope all is well".
After receiving this I immediately deleted his number (even though I have had it memorized for years) and will definitely never reach out to him again. I think the most surprising is that of all relationships I've had, this is the one that came to the "never speak to me again" stage.

1 comment:

  1. From a guy's point of view, it's toughest when you're still attracted to the girl, still like her for so many different reasons, but you know that you split up because of compatibility/work/time, etc. For me, I found that everything becomes so muddy when you get into the habit of breaking up and then getting back together. This last year has made me feel like conceding that it's impossible to stay friends with a girl unless there is a good degree of space between the break up and the next time you meet. Just remember that he wasn't the one, and when you meet in the future it'll be possible to be friends if he's a good person.

    ReplyDelete