Monday, February 22, 2010

Grade 3

Remember when guys picked on you when they liked you? I was tormented by a boy in elementary school for being so small - shrimp, midget and shorty were words I heard on a near-daily basis until my mom finally gave the teacher the heads-up. I learned later that he thought I was cute. Not exactly romantic but it was the best you could expect from an under-12-year-old boy.
I have experienced an eerily similar situation over the past few months, with a male acquaintance who relentlessly pokes fun and teases me. Seriously, he teases. I'm reminded of those long days in Grade 3, where once again my height is a source of entertainment, and the fact that I was born and raised in Winnipeg is hilarious. Seriously, who makes fun of those things after the age of thirteen? At least to the person's face!
More than a couple people have proposed the possibility that he 'likes' me. Wow if only I could be so lucky (sarcasm). I would hope by this age men have worked up the courage to get to know girls they like, or even better, flirt with them. But just in case, here's an FYI boys - mean jokes about things that we can't help, ie. our height, does not qualify as flirting.

No comments:

Post a Comment