Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shacking Up

I took one of the biggest steps of my life last month and moved in with my BF. That sounds like an exaggeration but it definitely ranks up there with the other big moments in my 26 years - quitting gymnastics, starting university, moving to TO.
It's going really well although I know it's still early. We have both been ultra-considerate and helpful - think "don't worry, I'll do the dishes tonight" - almost as if we're both afraid of driving the other person away. I picture us standing on opposite sides of a large swimming pool, sticking our toes in the water, afraid to create any big waves.
I often laugh to myself, picturing how drastically different my blog posts could be a year in the future. They could focus on our non-stop arguing and how he won't get off his butt to even offer to do the dishes. I really hope it doesn't come to that (I hope I would kick him out before that) but regardless I'm enjoying this calm, happy and polite stage of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment