Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bridezilla

There's a Rich Bride, Poor Bride marathon on today, which in turn means I'm having a hard time getting anything accomplished. If you haven't seen this show, it's one hour of following a couple as they plan and prepare for their big day. The focus is on the budget and (usually) how they completely blow it, but it also makes an effort to point out the couples' flaws and makes them look a bit ridiculous.
As I watch the show I shake my head and think about how when I'm a bride I will not be crazy, bitchy or unorganized like these women. But in reality, who knows. I'm sure when there is so much pressure on making that day great, and when family and friends get involved in the planning, any woman could turn into a crazy bride. There are so many people to please and so many things you're 'supposed to do' it's hard to do exactly what you want, and remain cool while doing it.
On that note - an apology far in advance. Although I will do my ultimate best to avoid Bridezilla tendencies, if I do get married one day please understand my mood swings and potential outbursts are not personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment